Strengths from LPA Board, therapists, and support staff perspectives
· Lansing Psychological Associates has a “good reputation in town”, we have been in the area since 1976, have been J.A.C.H.O accredited (1985 to early 1992), C.A.R.F accredited since 1992, and designated as a Outpatient Psychiatric Clinic (1977 to Present)
· We have a strong relationship with many other providers in town including Michigan State University Outpatient Clinic, Comprehensive Psychological Services, Meridian Professional Psychological Consultants, primary care physicians, etc.
· “We have diversity” in educational background, training, and expertise.
· Therapists really like the collaborative training shared with one another as well as the interpersonal support; “therapist’s doors are always open” for guidance and support
· Lansing Psychological is a “family atmosphere,” where we have pot lucks, Christmas parties, baby and wedding showers, “it is like a second home”
· “We work well together as a team”
· Lansing Psychological Associates prides itself on having the “best interest of the clients at heart”
· Therapists and staff have compassion for clients and one another, they “really care about clients… are devoted to clients”
· Therapists are often flexible with their schedule to accommodate the needs of their clients
· Therapists and staff are resourceful, if we cannot provide the need we often go the extra mile to help find access to phone numbers, addresses, websites, or other providers
· Therapists and staff at Lansing Psychological are “genuine and welcoming” as well as “quick and prompt,” in regards to accessibility